buildingSMART Forums

IFC for Site, Landscape, and Urban Planning - Call for Participation

For all those interested in expanding the IFC schema and openBIM workflows to include more information about site, landscape, and urban design, please join me in this new project!

1 Like
pinned globally #2

Thank you to everyone who participated on the calls today. So far, we have 58 responses to participate. That is great news! There is a lot of work to be done and we need as much input as we can get from all our peers around the world. Feel free to share and encourage others to join in, even if it is just for a few session to help add input to the IDMs.

As requested here are the links to the presentation (PDF) and the recording of the call (MP4).

If you have any further questions, please feel free to address them here.

I will be following up with some participants who have expressed interest in Project Sponsorship. If any others have, or know of, potential candidates to sponsor, please let me know via a forum email/message.

2 Likes

Hi Jeffrey. Any news on the ifc for Landscape issue? Looking forward joining the project! Florian from Zurich

Hi Florian,

Right now I am in the process of getting sponsorship funding lined up. I have to put together some formal documentation, but I should announce a Call for Sponsors soon. I’ll first be contacting and meeting with those that indicated interest in sponsoring at the Call for Participation.

Thanks for your continued interest!
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey. Any news about IFC for Site, Landscape and Urban Planning? Florian

No progress, at the moment. I’m getting more info on sponsorship criteria and resulting templates (agreements, MOUs, etc.). Planning on a discussion in Düsseldorf.

In addition to Sponsorship, we’re simultaneously working on Software Vendor Engagement, which is the third important leg of a project. So, the timetable may be compressed, or scope simplified, but in the end, this should be the first project to utilize new standard processes developed by bSI for projects.