Standards Implementation Database Updated

Greetings everyone!

I have just posted an update to the buildingSMART International Standards Implementation Database. The update includes over 60 changes, including 36 new application entries. A few other URL corrections and name changes have been made to other products, as well as some updates to support.

Please take time to review and let me know if you see any errors or omissions. Generally, I don’t post support information unless it comes from the application developer directly, or is referenced on the application’s website or in official documentation.

I’m excited because the database expands to over 230 tools/apps, returning to a significant number after a purge a couple of years ago to bring it up-to-date for the new technical website.

3 Likes

Great job @jwouellette! A few minor corrections: BlenderBIM supports both IFC2x3 and IFC4, though it defaults to IFC4. I also believe that FreeCAD supports BCF, but @yorik can perhaps confirm the extent of this.

Edit: In addition, there is also the BIMTester utility, IFCDiff utility, IFCClash utility (note: not packaged for Windows, but runs as a Python script in Linux), and IFCCOBie utility (Facility Management). See the list here: https://blenderbim.org/download.html they are standalone headless utilities which can be used with any BIM server.

Edit2: BIMSurfer under the vendor/developer column has a link to bimsurfer.org which is a dead link. To be consistent, you can label it “*open source” like you have labeled the others, since it is licensed under the MIT license. There are actually three versions of BIMSurfer each with pros and cons (v1, v2, and v3) but all are open source under the MIT license).

I’m pretty sure SCIA engineer supports IFC4.
Even better than the older one.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.scia.net%2Fwebhelplatest%2Fnl%2Fher%2Fimportexport%2Fifc4_support.htm%3FTocPath%3DImport%20Export%7CIFC%7C_____2

And i was am in the proces of testing the BCF manager of BricsCAD BIM. Check that as well

Thank you @Hans_Lammerts and @Moult

Please be sure to refresh your page after tonight. The updates may not show if you have the page cached from earlier.

1 Like

Add IFC4 for BricsCAD BIM. BricsCAD without BIM has nothing for ifc. Just like AutoCAD (3d)

@jwouellette - would it be possible:

• Add BCF-XML support to BlenderBIM (recent new feature! :slight_smile: )
  • Add BCF-XML support to FreeCAD (always was a feature, but seems it was missed in the table)
  • Add bcfplugin which only has support for BCF-XML. (Recently discussed this with the BCF working group - ping @yoram.kulbak , @pasi.paasiala , @GeorgDangl and @klaus.aengenvoort ) - it should be in the Development Tools category.
  • Add File::IFC Perl library - which has support for IFC2x3 and IFC4. - it should be in the Development Tools category.
  • Add IfcSharp which has support for IFC2x3 and IFC4. - it should be in the Development Tools category.

They are all free software.

For those interested, the OSArch community is now maintaining their own list of free software related to AEC (including, but not limited to OpenBIM). It is available here: https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=AEC_Free_Software_directory

Posted another update today. There are now 316 entries! Some errors have been corrected and updates made to the capabilities of some products. I did post on LinkedIn, but please let others know and provide any feedback or information on other products that should be listed or have current info corrected.

1 Like

An good explanation what the ‘ifc logo’ really stands for from a user perspective. I miss that.

@jwouellette I don’t see the updates for bcfplugin, BCF-XML support, etc that I mentioned in April 21?

Just… Wow.

GstarCAD seems to be in the process of certification for IFC 2x3. People quickly will pick this up as “this is certified so it’s probabbly good. Bsi says so.” …

@jwouellette Renga supports IFC4 export since July.

Also, Pilot-BIM from ASCON is a project management software that supports both IFC2x3 and IFC4. “Data server” & “Project Management” categories, and “Project Collaboration” sub-category are suitable for it.

Thanks. Noted.

1 Like

@Moult Done.

1 Like

Another BIG update today. I have been doing some incremental updates over the past couple of years. Today marked a big expansion from ~360 to 386!

I also added columns explicitly for IFC4.3 support AND bSDD.

Again, spread the word so we can get all current supporting tools on the list and encourage other developers to support openBIM.

Dear all,

please find an updated list of ACCA software solutions supporting openBIM, including support for IFC4.3 and bSDD, with updated links and descriptions:

Product Category Sub-category IFC2x3 IFC4 IFC4.3 BCF XML BCF API bSDD API Description Link
EdiLus Model Authoring Structural X X EdiLus, the structural engineering analysis software with an integrated FEM solver Structural analysis and design software | EdiLus | ACCA
TerMus PLUS Building Energy Modeling Energy analysis and simulation X X TerMus PLUS, the BIM modelling software for dynamic energy simulations and analysis with EnergyPlus™ Dynamic energy analysis and simulation software | TerMus PLUS | ACCA
TerMus Building Energy Modeling Numerical calculations of thermal bridges X X The professional solution for simulating and calculating thermal bridges and Psi-Values (Ψ) with different material compositions of any shape or form! Thermal Bridge Software | TerMus BRIDGE | ACCA
Edificius MEP Model Authoring Building Services X X Edificius allows to model the building’s MEP systems in relation to the architectural model. 3D Building Design Software | Edificius | ACCA
Edificius Model Authoring Architectural X X The 3D/BIM building design software with a set of powerful features integrated in a single solution ensuring greater speed and fewer errors. 3D Building Design Software | Edificius | ACCA
PriMus-IFC Construction Management Quantity Take-Off X X PriMus IFC is the 5D BIM software for automatic and visual Quantity Take off tasks using BIM models saved in the IFC format 5D BIM software | PriMus IFC | ACCA
CerTus HSBIM Model Authoring Health & Safety BIM X X Design the construction site in space and time with CerTus HSBIM! Health and Safety BIM | CerTus HSBIM | ACCA software
CerTus SCAFFOLDING Model Authoring Scaffolding Design and Safety X X CerTus SCAFFOLDING is the BIM authoring software for scaffolding design and drafting of the scaffolding assembly, use and dismantling plan. Scaffold Design Software | CerTus SCAFFOLDING | ACCA software
Solarius PV Model Authoring Solar PV System Design X X Solarius PV is the professional software for technical design and economic analysis for any type of photovoltaic system connected to national electricity grids (grid-connected). Solar Design Software | Solarius PV | ACCA
usBIM.platform Data Server Common Data Environment (CDE) X X X The first IFC Certified Common Data Environment from buildingSMART international to manage the BIM process in openBIM® Common Data Environment | usBIM.platform | ACCA software
usBIM.viewer+ Model Viewer IFC viewer X X Here’s the free IFC file reader to view and edit BIM models created in the IFC standard IFC Viewer | usBIM.viewer+ | ACCA software
usBIM BIM management system X X X X X Discover usBIM, the BIM management system for the digitization of constructions and infrastructures in a simple, secure and shared workflow BIM Management System | usBIM | ACCA software
usBIM.editor IFC model editor X X X Edit, print, render and immerse yourself in virtual reality tours of the BIM model while remaining in the IFC standard! Advanced IFC editor | usBIM.editor | ACCA software
usBIM.clash BIM clash detection X X X X The BIM Clash Detection software for checking interferences and collisions while managing conflicts between different IFC-Open BIM models BIM Clash Detection Software: What is and what are its benefits | usBIM.clash | ACCA
usBIM.checker BIM validation X X X X Control and manage IFC data for each information exchange of the BIM process. IFC Checker and BIM Validation | usBIM.checker | ACCA software
usBIM.bcf BCF management X View, create or modify BCF files online using any device BCF software | usBIM.bcf | ACCA
usBIM.bSDD buildingSMART Data Dictionary X X X X Enrich and complete your BIM IFC models with buildingSMART Data Dictionary and classifications bSDD (buildingSMART Data Dictionary) | usBIM.bSDD | ACCA software
usBIM.bSDDeditor bSDD Editor X X X X Create object dictionaries and libraries, edit classifications and properties, publish them on the buildingSMART Data Dictionary bSDD (buildingSMART Data Dictionary) | usBIM.bSDD | ACCA software
usBIM.compare BIM model compare X X X Compare and view different versions of a BIM model in the IFC format BIM model compare | usBIM.compare | ACCA software
usBIM.merge IFC file merge X X X Merge elements of several BIM models in IFC format into a new IFC file Merge IFC files | usBIM.merge | ACCA software

@jwouellette can you please update the table to reflect the changes? The old entries should be removed/updated as they may contain old data. Thanks!

P.S.: I can also send the data as .csv for convenience if needed but it seems it is not a supported file format to be uploaded here.

1 Like

Thanks @michelangelo. I’ve made the updates.

I’ve uploaded a large update to the database today. Besides the ACCA additions, there were several others. We’re now up to 410 entries!

Eventually, columns for upcoming standards (openCDE for Docs and IDS) will be added, once they are official Candidate Standards. This will require more input from the developers themselves and end users actively engaged in their use.

One remaining concern I have is the “Category > Sub-category” designation/classification. Classification is always tough, because you want it to be uniquely informative without being too verbose. If anyone has ideas about possible future modifications to the current system, please feel free to discuss here. The intent would be creating a software classification system that would be easy to manage, apply, and search… without being too verbose/granular.

Please send any database addition/change requests to technical@buildingsmart.org.

1 Like