Why time series for performance data?

Hi,

I could not find anywhere an explanation of how IFC is supposed to store performance set points. Almost all performance parameters are preserved for operation phase and store historical data (which no one software supports, but also no one cares). How should I store single values as settings or reference values for elements?

Uhm… Hello… Is anybody here? Or everyone on the vacation…?

Hey @nickger,

This tends to happen over the summer months.

I’m assuming you mean as part of the design parameters? And are you referring to IFC4.3?

Hello, @jwouellette ,

Thanks for replying, yes and yes. My concern is the design phase where only single values (or maximum bounded values) are used. I do not understand why almost 90% of parameters I need have to be exported as custom parameters as native IFC ones are of exotic value type…
I hope I miss something.

Is it a right place in general to ask for support from buildingsmart…?

You might want to ping @Evandro and see if this can be brought up in the Implementers Forum/General Assembly or the IFC4.4 (Tunnels) development.

I’m not sure I understand the original questions, nor what exactly should be brought up in the Implementers Forum.

IFC offers IfcPropertyBoundedValue as a mean to exchange Upper/LowerBoundValue(s) as well as the SetPointValue.

An example of a property using this construct is the SetPointConcentration property of Pset_SensorTypeGasSensor.

Is this the intended use case?