buildingSMART Forums

Is there an example of a Project library implementation?

I was reading 41.7 Project Library Information and I am curious if any vendor has implemented this? It would be good to see it in action. I am not currently aware of any.

Unfortunately I’m not aware of any vendors implementing this (I believe DDS have at least tested files).

There is an example file here:
https://standards.buildingsmart.org/IFC/RELEASE/IFC4_1/FINAL/HTML/link/air-terminal-library-object.htm
And a Geometry Gym example here:

I’m talking on this topic at BILT Europe in two weeks time, “Object Libraries, Why aren’t they common?”.

Hey @jonm I think you’re talking about the project library context - in that case actually I have implemented it already in Blender - see the following screenshot and the resultant (minimal) export. I also see from your Geometry Gym example on Github that perhaps you have implemented it too :slight_smile: Perhaps you can give that example in your talk!

2019-09-30-204720_341x239_scrot

output.ifc (6.8 KB)

But actually my question was more about the IfcLibraryInformation entity and its friends like IfcLibraryReference. It seems at first glance to be quite intricate, requiring a compliant REST API to provide ways to access and manipulate the IFC file with a permissions system of some kind. That’s the part I’d like to see :slight_smile: I see it in the air terminal example file, but a more detailed explanation of exactly what implementation they expect is required for me to understand how to implement it.