BSDD session at LDAC (mid-June 2023)?

Thank you @VladimirAlexiev.

We will have 2h for that session, but of course we could continue the discussions after as well.

I was thinking of starting with my brief intro to the bSDD and the ongoing improvements (~15min), followed by slides with just one sentence presenting the issue to be discussed with participants. The list is mostly inspired by undecided topics from the Ontotext’s report. Here is a live spreadsheet with status/solution for each: bSDD issues from Ontotext.xlsx

Topics to discuss at the bSDD session at LDAC
  • How to structure URIs of the bSDD relations (not to confuse with ontology relations) Changes to bSDD data model names - #15 by artur_tomczak
  • Is there a need for custom, user-defined relations in bSDD?
  • Gradual content development versus binding contractual references. How to maintain relations, translations, and versioning in such cases?
  • Envisioned role of bSDD for the Linked Data community.
  • Possibilities for automating content development, finding relations, data analysis
  • Possible use of bSDD by AI, e.g. LLM.
  • Linking existing ontologies from bSDD
  • bSDD as a repository of external dictionaries/ontologies
  • 4.6.4. Add More Entities Semantic bSDD
  • 4.9. GraphQL Improvements (and possibility to reuse Ontotext’s improved GraphQL) Semantic bSDD
  • 4.6.3. Improve Relations Between Entities - are the proposed solutions enouh? Semantic bSDD
  • 4.1. Return the Same Data Across APIs Semantic bSDD
  • 4.6.5. Use Class Inheritance Semantic bSDD
  • Do Units, ReferenceDocuments, AllowedValues, Enumerations need their own entities/URIs?
  • Improvements in RDF format, e.g. strings with URIs instead of object properties or proper relations
  • Support for external namespaces (URIs from outside bSDD)

0 voters

Please vote on the topics you want to discuss, feel free to comment and propose additional topics below.

As suggested by @MichelBohms, it would be good to record the session and invite the online audience too. I already asked the organisers.