We are planning to support (HVAC)maintenence zone export. Maintenance zone is modeled to our objects and customers has asked us to export them to IFC. This is how we do it now (not released version). Please see MaintenanceZoneIFC4.ifc (14.1 KB)
- IFC4 exported as IfcBuildingElementProxy/PROVISIONFORSPACE
- can consist of multiple separate zones
- transparency is set
This is how it shows up in most of the viewers:
There you can see clearly how zones now don’t have references to main part.
What is missing now is reference from zone(s) to part that owns maintenance zones. We are planning to have that reference with IfcGroup.
Open questions are:
- Is IfcGroup right way to make such connection?
- Is it worth of having zones separately or should we export one object’s all maintenance zones as one zone?
- How should we export maintenance zones in IFC2x3 since it is lacking PROVISIONFORSPACE. We have to support also IFC2x3 (it is widely used). Could we just set ObjectType == PROVISIONFORSPACE?
I think main thing is to find out best way to model such zones so that collision checks in viewers could do their jobs.
MR 2020-03-18 > Please see a test how IfcGroup can be used AllInOneGroup.ifc
(24.0 KB). A pic how Solibri shows it: