Read EXPRESS

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to parse Express file using C#.
Have you ever heard of some libraries or methods to read the information from .exp file?

I will really appreciate your concerns.
Thank You!

Best regard.

XBIM is a free to use C# library which will parse the STEP .ifc file and structure access to read and write entities.

Hi.
Yeah, xBIM is a good library to parse .ifc file.
Emmm, I want to find a method to read the information of .exp file. :thinking:

Like,

ENTITY IfcBuildingElementPart
 SUBTYPE OF (IfcElementComponent);
	PredefinedType : OPTIONAL IfcBuildingElementPartTypeEnum;
 WHERE
	CorrectPredefinedType : NOT(EXISTS(PredefinedType)) OR
(PredefinedType <> IfcBuildingElementPartTypeEnum.USERDEFINED) OR
((PredefinedType = IfcBuildingElementPartTypeEnum.USERDEFINED) AND EXISTS (SELF\IfcObject.ObjectType));
	CorrectTypeAssigned : (SIZEOF(IsTypedBy) = 0) OR
('IFC4X3_RC3.IFCBUILDINGELEMENTPARTTYPE' IN TYPEOF(SELF\IfcObject.IsTypedBy[1].RelatingType));
END_ENTITY;

Thank You!

Best regard.

Try Peter Bonsma’s RDF IfcEngine. It can be configured by external .exp files.

Sent whilst away from my desk.

Regards,

Nick.

Nicholas Nisbet FRSA MA(Cantab) DipArch(UNL)
Fellow: Royal Society of Arts
Fellow: buildingSMART International & UKI Chapter
Director: AEC3 UK Ltd
Web: http://www.aec3.comhttp://www.aec3.com/
E-mail: nn@aec3.commailto:nn@aec3.com
Direct: +44 (0) 1494 714 933
Mobile: +44 (0) 781 616 8554
Registered Address: 46 St Margaret’s Grove, Great Kingshill, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP15 6HP, UK

Vice-Chair: buildingSMART UK Chapter
Convenor: buildingSMART Regulatory Room

********** Confidentiality Notice **********.
This e-mail and any file(s) transmitted with it, is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned above as recipient(s). This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights or other rights. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the original and any copies of this e-mail and any printouts immediately from your system and destroy all copies of it.

1 Like

Thank you very much!