Quenstion about IfcActor, IfcActorRole, IfcOrganziation

Hi, I just want to understand something about the IFC Entities.
I created a simple IFC File with C# but no IFC-Viewer can’t show IfcActor, IfcActorRole or IfcOrganziation. With XBim Xplorer I can just see the Entities with the Command Shell but not in the Properties. But maybe its correct, I am not sure.

For example:
#27=IFCACTORROLE(.CLIENT.,$,‘ActorRole Description’);
#28=IFCORGANIZATION($,‘IFCOrganzitaion Name’,‘IFCOrganzitaion Description’,(#27),$);

IFCORGANIZATION has no Relationship because I don’t know where to add it.

Similar with IFCRELASSIGNSTOACTOR, where it should be related (Project, Site, Building, …)?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Lukas

IFC data concerns heterogeneous data dimensions: geometry, locations, materials, teams, documentation, action timeline, costs, etc. But to be able to see this information, the IFC browser must be interested in it. However, this is generally not the case. Most IFC browsers focus on geometry, properties, and one more data dimension.
But some browsers invite you to program your own software add-on while respecting a programming standard. So you can add the concepts you want to consult.

Thanks for your answer. I found in the help (Diagram of IfcProject) that the IFCPERSONANDORGANIZATION is relating of IfcOwnerhistory and also IfcLibraryInforamtion, maybe also on other IfcEntities.
I just want to understand, what I can do with the IfcPersonandorganization or IfcActorRole etc.
But as I hopefully corret understood is that I can just relate almost any IfcEntity with Information like Actor, Organzation, DocumentInformatin, etc. to almost every IfcEntity? The Browser don’t showing that information but if I like I can read it with the API?

The XbimSamples creating a lot of IFC Files but the browser can’t open the files because there are just some information like document, persons, etc.
Would be nice if there could show all data.

In order, you have :

• IfcRoleEnum to set description in ifcActorRole entities.
  • ifcOrganisation to set Organisation list
  • IfcOrganizationRelationship to set relation between Organisations
  • ifcPerson to set people
  • IfcPersonAndOrganization to set relating people in Organization and optionaly roles list it have in the organisation.

Next you have IfcActor. But for me, there is something confusing in classification. What we are as Role in an organization, do not means the same that, what we are in the project. Like, to be the Boss in your architectural organization, do not means to be the architectural in the project. So you need IfcRelAssignsToActor to set this. As an application designer I will probably use distinct names, ProjectRole, CrewRole, OrganizationRole.
Thus, in a treeList control with ProjectRoles as the root node and his subnodes form the value of each projectrole enumerating value, I will add each Person as an Actor via IfcActorSelect as terminal node.
This part was the project context of description about people and organisation.

Now you need to take a look at IfcCrewResource with IfcRelAssignsToResource.
The question is quite horrible: we have subjects (people or organizations) that can be involved (by IfcRelAssignsToResource and IfcRelNest) in IfcWorkCalendar (by IfcRelAssignsToControl) on a common process. So I can only say: good luck. At a time like this, you can only wish you were in SQL processing.

any browser can read only data it means to be made for. Most do not interest in crew. May you can create your own browser or create a add-on dedicated to crews.

Thanks for all the information!
Now I have to check and play with that a little bit.

With the Browser, I thought and hoped the browser showing everything but as you mentioned before, the geometry etc. is more important for them.
But if I can read everything is also ok. To see the data would be more easy to understand. But its ok, that would be to easy on the other side :slight_smile:

You can try BimVision (freeware) and create your own plugin (C#) to display a tree of organizations/workers/roles. If I was concerned, I would probably try this.

I am using already BIMVision but also 3 other Viewer. The idea with a BIMVision Extension or maybe create some function for the XBim Viewer (is opensource) is good.

Thanks!

Exactly : i did both of them in 2017