[SOLVED] Where do I find computer interpretable pset assignments?

Thanks @sergej. Unfortunately, your first suggestion is not what I’m after. I’m not looking for a computer interpretable definition of a pset. Instead, I’m looking for a computer interpretable list of assignments of which psets are applicable to which IFC entities.

Your second suggestion is indeed what I am after. For others reading the thread, this is the part of the MVDXML that I am interested in:

<TemplateRule Parameters="PsetName[Value]='Pset_WallCommon'" />
<TemplateRule Parameters="PsetName[Value]='Pset_ConcreteElementGeneral'" />
<TemplateRule Parameters="PsetName[Value]='Pset_PrecastConcreteElementFabrication'" />
<TemplateRule Parameters="PsetName[Value]='Pset_PrecastConcreteElementGeneral'" />
<TemplateRule Parameters="PsetName[Value]='Pset_ReinforcementBarPitchOfWall'" />

However, to extract this data, it would require doing HTML scraping / parsing, and then an XML parsing. I wonder if there is a more direct way that this information is available? HTML scraping generally has a poor track record of reliability.

This is similar to a previous question I had about computer interpretable descriptions where a similar answer was given that I can extract it from scraping HTML. I might have to live with this solution but it isn’t ideal.

@ReD_CoDE, XML and XSD has been around a very long time, is plaintext, and can be parsed very easily in almost any environment. I’d say it’s a very good choice for an international standard.