This Topic will catalog the possible use cases for implementing colors and textures in IFC files and exchanges.
- Representing materials for visual navigation and general model coherence
- Representing an arbitrary property or subset of geometry for an arbitrary purpose
- CG visualisation (includes subfields of biased rendering, unbiased rendering), for marketing, legal requirements, client presentations, and design workflow
- Lighting simulation for legal requirements, environmental quality optimisation
- Signage for legal requirements, branding exercises
- Geometry optimisation for large scale models, for community engagement, urban planning, GIS integration